Tuesday 28 December 2010

If You Love Me

‘Do you love me?...If you love me please will you..’ I say this at least daily to annoy my family. Usually I ask for tea, sometimes for my Love to fetch something from upstairs. I ask Nick to make hot water bottles when he’s warm in bed and almost asleep while I’m wide awake with cold feet. If he refuses, I sulk. Almost always, my Loves go fetching and come back to find that I let the tea go cold, or fall asleep before the hot water bottle is ready, their love having been demonstrated. The whole thing is one of those family intimacies that don’t get shared outside because they’re a bit odd and shameful. A bit like sugar sandwiches.

And so, lovely reader, if you love me please will you watch these two excellent things featuring my favourite comedian, Richard Herring. Only people who can get BBCi-player will be able to demonstrate their love this time, although everyone can look at Herring’s blog which talks about his Mastermind appearance (spoiler alert).


Richard Herring doing stand-up on Russell Howard's Good News Christmas Special from 28.30 if you don't want to see the whole show.

No comments: